Ted Kuntz is a gifted psychotherapist and the author of the best-selling book, Peace Begins With Me. Ted's latest book is titled - 8 Weeks to A Better Relationship. Ted has a Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology and more than 25 years experience as a clinician and a consultant.
Much of the wisdom Ted shares in his counseling, workshops, and consultations didn't come from his formal training. Rather, it came from his personal journey as the father of a child with severe disabilities. Ted's journey with his son Joshua taught Ted how to make peace with life and to take full advantage of the gifts and opportunities life offers.
Ted's internationally acclaimed book 'Peace Begins With Me' is a summary of the wisdom he acquired on this journey. This deeply personal story is an inspiration to those who are challenged by life and wish to move beyond pain and anger and experience more peace and joy.
8 Weeks to A Better Relationship is a guided, eight week journey to improve and deepen our more important relationships.
Ted Kuntz has been recognized for his work in assisting individuals, families, organizations, and corporations manage the challenges and opportunities of life more effectively and joyfully.
Al Etmanski, author of 'A Good Life' says this about Ted and his message -
"Those of us who seek peace in our lives and yearn for more peace in our world need look no further than this candid exploration of one man's personal journey to discover the source of his own peace. It is bound to inspire."
Ted is a compelling story teller. His passion is to offer us new stories and through these stories change the way we see ourselves and one another. Ted is a regular contributor to local and national publications and is regularly invited to present his seminars and keynote addresses to a wide range of audiences from social service organizations to the corporate world.
Ted's goal is to create a more peaceful world where we all belong.
One of Ted's stories, 'The Toss of a Coin', was included in a recent edition of Chicken Soup for the Soul.
Ted offers a number of workshops and keynote addresses that can be customized to meet your needs. To learn more about Ted's offerings, click on the titles below.
- The Joy of Stress
- Thriving In An Uncertain Future
- Effective and Authentic Conversations
- Peaceful Conflict Resolution & Collaborative Decision Making
- Raising Peaceful Children
To read what others have to say about Ted's workshops and keynote addresses, click on the Testimonials link in the title bar.
Ted as Contributing CitizenTed is actively involved in his community having served as a Director with numerous local and national organizations including:
- Crossroads Hospice Society
- Global Peace Hut Society
- Society for Community Development
- Rivershed Society of B.C.
- Planned Lifetime Advocacy Network Society
- PLAN Institute for Caring Citizenship
- Philia - A Dialogue on Caring Citizenship
- PoCoMo Youth Services Society
- SHARE Family and Community Services Society
- Community Ventures Society
- New View Society
- Coquitlam Civic League
- Health Action Network Society (HANS)
- Vaccine Choice Canada (VCC)
- Vancouver Electric Vehicle Association (VEVA)
Awards and AcknowledgmentsTed has received numerous awards and acknowledgments for his contributions to community including:
- 2009 Nautilus Book Awards - Silver Award
- 2007 Chamber of Commerce 'Lifetime Legacy' Award
- 2007 Spirit of Community 'Legacy Leadership' Award
- 2006 City of Port Coquitlam 'Caring and Safety' Award
- 2006 Chamber of Commerce Finalist for 'Citizen of the Year' Award
- 2006 Independent Publisher's Book Awards - Honourable Mention
- 2005 Spirit of Community 'Ability Awareness' Award